WWOOFers eat like kings at Earthbound Honey. Terry and Karlene’s passion for food, along with 21 years cooking for three hungry sons, has given them an impressive calibre of quality recipes. This one in particular guarantees a delicious beginning to any pizza and once you start adding your favourite toppings – the taste will only get better.
Ingredients: 1 tblsp yeast, granulated or fresh, 1 tblsp honey, 600mls tepid water, 1 tblsp salt, 1 kg strong flour, extra flour for dusting.
- Dissolve yeast & honey in 300 mls of tepid water. The yeast should foam if fresh.
- In a bowl, mix flour with salt, make a well and pour yeast & honey mixture into flour.
- Either combine by hand or use a mixer. Add more of the tepid water if required.
- Mixture should be of a moist dough consistency.
- Kneed for 5 mins, place back in bowl and leave in a warm spot covered with a tea towel for approximately 1 hour or until proved.
- Next, dust with flour on bench top until dough is elastic when pulled upon.
- Cut into 8 pieces and roll into pizza shape.
- For optimum results, bases should be blind baked before adding toppings.
Tip – you can freeze any leftover bases for any emergency pizza needs. This recipe was taken from Earthbound Honey’s website where you can also find a host of other delicious honey influenced dishes.